Namibia is one of my favourite countries in the world. They’re doing a lot to help protect their fragile environment and the diverse flora and fauna that entice visitors; the people are fantastic; and it is stunningly beautiful. If you go, I highly recommend using Ultimate Safaris (ask for Perez as your guide!).
My Namibia writing (plus if you’re planning a safari, you’ll want to check out my safari page too):
- About safaris in three countries, for the winter 2022 issue of Living Luxe: Standout safaris: Getting outside in South Africa, Namibia and Uganda (on pages 112-121; and the whole Living Luxe winter 2022 issue).
- Including Namibia’s desert elephants, for Reader’s Digest, 8 of the most endangered elephants in the world.
- Namibia: Where the desert is full of life, for CIBC’s Unpacked Adventures series.
- Helping The Africat Foundation rehabilitate cheetah and leopard, for Montecristo Magazine: Saving cheetahs, from VERY close up.
- Montecristo republished this piece in the COVID context in 2020: The majestic wildlife on this African reserve faces unprecedented danger from COVID.
- For Canadian World Traveller, about choosing between team eland and team lion:
- Namibia: Predator or prey (PDF of print version)
- Namibia: Predator or prey (online version)
- Turn off your engine at the waterhole (and other ways to stay safe in Namibia) (for The Travelettes)
- Ongava (near Etosha National Park) (on LuxuryAndBoutiqueHotels.com).
- While this advice applies to any safari, it is especially true for dry and dusty Namibia:
- Five essentials for a safari in Namibia (version published by the Namibia Tourism Board).
- What to pack for a safari (original, with my product recommendations).
- “How to have the best African safari” (for LuxuryAndBoutiqueHotels.com).
- Ideas for gifts of the tastes of Africa to bring back home: Christmas Gift Shopping Abroad: International Foodie Edition (for World Travel Buzz)
Pingback: Namibia — Travel Eater | paddypicasso·