Namibia is one of my favourite countries in the world. They’re doing a lot to help protect their fragile environment and the diverse flora and fauna that entice visitors; the people are fantastic; and it is stunningly beautiful.
If you go, I highly recommend using Ultimate Safaris (ask for Perez as your guide!). My favourite travel agent, Trailfinders, can arrange the perfect trip for you (and you need neither be in Canada nor in Ottawa to use them).
My Namibia writing (plus if you’re planning a safari, you’ll want to check out my safari page too):
- Namibia: Where the desert is full of life, for CIBC’s Unpacked Adventures series.
- Helping The Africat Foundation rehabilitate cheetah and leopard, for Montecristo Magazine: Saving cheetahs, from VERY close up.
- For Canadian World Traveller, about choosing between team eland and team lion:
- Turn off your engine at the waterhole (and other ways to stay safe in Namibia) (for The Travelettes)
- Ongava (near Etosha National Park) (on LuxuryAndBoutiqueHotels.com).
- While this advice applies to any safari, it is especially true for dry and dusty Namibia:
- “How to have the best African safari” (for LuxuryAndBoutiqueHotels.com).
- Ideas for gifts of the tastes of Africa to bring back home: Christmas Gift Shopping Abroad: International Foodie Edition (for World Travel Buzz)