In May 2016 I went on a wonderful press trip to Cuba on behalf of Sunwing Airlines and Melià Hotels & Resorts. The country sure has changed since my last visits in 1998 and 1993! I’m sure it will change a lot more in the next year or so as more and more Americans are able to visit.
This trip I was in Varadero, Havana and Cayo Santa Maria (with my previous trips in Holguin / Guardalavaca). More stories to come, and in the meantime please feel free to ask any questions.
- Cuba with eyes wide open, for Canadian Traveller‘s fall 2017 print issue.
- US embargo on Cuba: What American travellers should know: breaking down some misconceptions about Cuba, particularly for Americans’ first visit, for The Wayward Post.
- For USA Today, All-inclusive hotels in Havana. Note: I was assigned this story, but really, that’s not the way to travel in Havana and I can’t recommend any of the hotels I mention. In Havana, you want the flexibility to try different restaurants and to get out and enjoy the city …. save your all-inclusive resorts for the beach.
- For Canadian World Traveller, two articles:
- Hotel features for Luxury and Boutique Hotels:
Note: While I was hosted by Sunwing and Melià Cuba, the views are entirely my own.