My press trip to this small town famous for its music and theatre scene was especially interesting given it was just a week after the 2016 U.S. election. Stories include Visiting “Flyover America” in a Trump world: my perspective as a Canadian visiting middle America now that Trump will be president, for The Wayward Post.
My trip to Chicago was short but sweet (especially as I stayed in a hotel that used to be a Milk Duds factory!). Check it all out on the Chicago page.
I was on a press trip to this charming spa town, and was surprised by how much it has to offer, including some of the very best pizza I’ve ever eaten in my life. Stories so far:
- A wayward weekend in Hot Springs, Arkansas (for The Wayward Post)
- For Canadian World Traveller:
- Hot Springs, Arkansas: A spa town with a difference (online version)
- Article PDF to come, or see pp. 58-59 and photo on p. 7 of Canadian World Traveler Summer/Fall 2016
- For Paste Magazine, Hot Springs water: On tap and on your plate
- Hotel features, for Luxury And Boutique Hotels:
Big waves, sunshine, ahi tuna and pineapple. What more does one need in life? All links on the Kauai page.
Thanks to a press trip to this great city which has so much more to offer than music:
- For Montecristo Magazine, about a collection of rare vintage Italian cars at the Frist Center
- For Paste Magazine, about chefs riffing on a historical candy, Gourmet Goo Goo Clusters
- For The Wayward Post, A wayward weekend in Nashville
- Two hotel features, for Luxury And Boutique Hotels:
New York City, New York
- Top 10 New York City: My 7 favourite NYC eats and 3 on my must-try list
- NYC field notes
- Sweets of New York (for World Travel Buzz)
- Theme park treats: the weird and wonderful things you can find Walt Disney World and Universal Studios
- My opinionated review of thrill rides in Orlando’s Disney parks and at Universal Studio’s Islands of Adventure (pre-Wizarding World phase II, so I can’t tell you what it’s like inside Gringotts)
San Francisco, California
- San Francisco tried to kill me: Ivan Ross Vrána writes a guest post giving restaurant advice for the Golden Gate City.