Ecuador was my 44th country (meeting my goal of having visited the same number of countries as I had years of age).
I spent a month here October to November 2014, and it was not nearly enough. I need to go back!
My latest, for Forbes: Galapagos — why you shouldn’t wait for retrement to take this once-in-a-lifetime trip.
Lots of stories and hotel features, including:
- Galapagos: Where evolution meets the photos of a lifetime, for CIBC’s Unpacked Adventures, about taking your kids to Galapagos.
- For Bon Voyage Travel, Educational adventures disguised as fun: including Ecuador plus Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Ecuador, Cambodia and two US cities.
- The best way to see the Galápagos islands, for Canadian World Traveller:
- Galápagos by sea with Haugan Cruises (PDF of print version)
- Galápagos by sea with Haugan Cruises (online version)
- Seeing — and being seen — in Galápagos (for Get Real Luxury).
- The seafood market (with its human and non-human customers) at Puerto Ayora, Galapagos, one of the 12 markets featured in Favourite food markets around the world on TravelWithKat.com.
- Should I choose a Galápagos cruise or stay in a hotel? (Both! And I’ll explain why and in which order).
- After you cruise, On which Galápagos island should I stay?
- How to see the Galápagos Islands without a tour (to come).
- Fantastic Quito hotels: Café Cultura, Mansión del Angel, Swissôtel Quito, and Casa Gangotena and what to see and do in Quito.
- Chasing Waterfalls: visiting Baños and its waterfalls (and ziplines!), the incredible views of Luna Runtun Adventure Spa and a city stay at Destiny boutique hotel.
- A luxury Galápagos cruise with Haugan Cruises.
- Galápagos hotels: on Santa Cruz, Hotel Solymar, Torre Mar Luxury Vacation Rentals, Royal Palm Hotel, Finch Bay Eco Hotel; and on Isabela Island, Iguana Crossing Boutique Hotel (for LuxuryAndBoutiqueHotels.com).
- My wildlife lodge pick for this roundup is Galapagos’ Royal Palm: Top six wildlife lodges around the world. (for Boutique Travel).
- For The Wayward Post, Stay green in the Galápagos Islands at Finch Bay Eco Hotel.
Planning a trip to Galápagos? Here’s the page with links to all my Galápagos articles.
Appreciated your comments and articles on the Galapagos – there are a lot of options out there so it was very interesting to read your take on things and how to get the most out of a trip.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Marie — I’m glad to hear that you found it useful! Johanna