In February 2017 I was on a press trip in Uganda, on assignment for Canadian World Traveller magazine and hosted by the Uganda Tourism Board. What a wonderful country! Mountain gorillas, chimpanzees, safaris, adrenaline-activities, and some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet.
Stories so far:
- About safaris in three countries, for the winter 2022 issue of Living Luxe: Standout safaris: Getting outside in South Africa, Namibia and Uganda (on pages 112-121; and the whole Living Luxe winter 2022 issue).
- For Forbes, Uganda reopens with extra COVID precautions to protect its mountain gorillas.
- Featured in this piece simultaneously published by MSN and Reader’s Digest:
- I’ve been to 60 countries but these 6 changed me forever (MSN version, a slideshow).
- I’ve been to 60 countries but these 6 changed me forever (Reader’s Digest version, all on one page).
- Gorilla spotting 101: How to see mountain gorillas in their natural habitat in Rwanda and Uganda, for Fodor’s. It was republished by MSN: How to see mountain gorillas in their natural habitat.
- The pearl of the Pearl of Africa: Uganda’s mountain gorillas, the cover story of S.E.E. Africa’s Uganda issue (low res PDF version).
- High-res version, starting at page 38, via Issuu.
- An overview of the incredible things to see and do in Uganda (for Canadian World Traveller, spring 2017 issue):
- Print version: Uganda: Beasts a plenty, hosts a-friendly.
- For American World Traveler’s print issue: Beasts a plenty, hosts a-friendly.
- Online version: Uganda: Beasts a plenty, hosts a-friendly.
- Mountain gorilla trekking in Uganda: Unpredictable, for Montecristo Magazine.
- Review of Gately Inn Entebbe, the ideal place to stay to recover from your long flight to Uganda, for LuxuryAndBoutiqueHotels.com.
- For Boutique Travel, I included three of my favourite boutique hotels, including Gately Inn in Entebbe, in this roundup Top 10 favourite boutique hotels.
Have you visited the Pearl of Africa?
If you’re interested in animal travel, you’ll find safari articles on my Namibia and South Africa pages, as well as other adventures with animals in the wild in Galapagos in Ecuador and in British Columbia in Canada.
Note: My trip to Uganda was a hosted press trip, but all opinions are my own and no one from Uganda Tourism or any of the companies mentioned reviewed or approved my articles.