Sometimes you have a craving for something but you’re not in the country where you can get it. That’s why you learn to cook! (oh, maybe that’s just why I learned to cook …) Anyway, here are some recipes I’ve collected during my travels and written up to share with you.
Asia and spas everywhere
- For Leaf TV, How to make ginger water, about making ginger tea at home, just like at spas around the world
- Running Amok for Fish Amok (for World Nomads)
- Papaya or mango jam (for World Travel Buzz)
- Luang Prabang sandwich (for Taste & Travel International)
- Nyonya asam prawns (for World Travel Buzz)
- If you’re desperate for some guacamole and don’t have ripe avos: How to ripen avocados quickly in a microwave — not that I’d recommend you do this! (for Leaf TV)
- Johanna’s Chocolate Caramel Brûlée Crunch Ice Cream (a spin-off of New Zealand’s hokey-pokey ice cream) (for World Travel Buzz)
- Malva pudding (for World Travel Buzz)
- Pad kra prao (stir-fired basil and chili peppers) (for World Travel Buzz)
- Union Square Café’s citrus cooler (NYC)
- Caramel Chelsea buns, inspired by Danny Meyer’s Maialino restaurant, in my World Travel Buzz Sweets of New York article.
Tastes of home
- The lemon pie recipe … it’s my life now!
- Molten chocolate cakes (for World Travel Buzz)
- TravelEater’s grandma’s pancakes (for World Travel Buzz)
- TravelEater’s raspberry pie
- Johanna’s chocolate caramel brulée crunch ice cream (the version on TravelEater)
- Union Square Café’s citrus cooler
- Caramel Chelsea buns, inspired by Danny Meyer’s Maialino restaurant, in my World Travel Buzz Sweets of New York article — although when I make them at home I add cinnamon and sometimes raisins.