I spent November to December 2014 in Peru and loved it (except for the cold I caught in Cuzco, which curtailed my exploration of the coast and the Nazca Lines).
The food in Peru is fabulous and I have many great restaurants and places to stay to recommend to you. Stories so far:
- Four crucial things no one tells you about visiting Machu Picchu, for Flung Magazine.
- How to save cash in Cusco (for Canadian Traveller, winter 2015-16).
- How to see Peru without getting altitude sickness (for LuxuryAndBoutiqueHotels.com) and a shorter version for the health and fitness site Nanuism Avoiding altitude sickness in Peru.
- Seizing sideline charms in Peru’s Sacred Valley (for Kiwi Collection).
- Dining challenges in Cusco, Peru (for LuxuryAndBoutiqueHotels.com).
- Must eats and drinks in Lima, and Casa Inca Boutique Hotel.
- Two fantastic Peruvian markets — in Cusco and in Lima — are featured in Favourite food markets around the world on TravelWithKat.com.
- Making pisco sours and ceviché (forthcoming).
- Independent travel: How to see Machu Picchu without booking a tour.
- Luxury hotels near Machu Picchu: Sumaq Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientés) and Tambo del Inka (Urubamba in the Sacred Valley).
- Boutique hotels in Cuzco: El Mercado Tunqui, Andean Wings, Encantada Boutique Spa.
- Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world, and the hotel Taypikala Lago.
- You’re planning your Peru trip all wrong.