You could explore Italy for the rest of your life and still not see it all. I’ve sailed around the country (once with Star Clippers, once with Windstar) with stops in Venice, Taormina, Capri, Ponza, Civitavecchia, Cinque Terre, and Portofino.
But most of my time has been spent in Rome and Venice.
- My first article in print, a one-pager on my favourite culinary treats in Rome for Taste & Travel International magazine.
- Highlights of Rome: if you only have a short visit, these are the five things not to miss.
- My Rome recommendations: Rome field notes.
- You can eat well in Venice; my article on escaping the awful and expensive tourist food in Venice (plus an interview with me where I reveal my ideal travel companions, on Mallory on Travel).
- I’m quoted in this article for Italy Explained by Jessica Spiegel: Italy roundtable: What bugs you about Italy.
- In this guest post, Elena Angela tells us about her favourite things to eat in Sicily.