Love to walk? Me too.
Love to lose yourself, but not get lost? Me too.
Love free stuff? Me too.
I recently received a lovely offer from GPSmyCity, the maker of iOS and Android apps. Their apps feature self-guided walking tours for over 470 cities around the world.
They’ve given me 20 promo codes for full versions of their city walk apps to give away to you. These apps normally cost $4.99 US in Apple’s App Store.
Why are they doing this? Because they know that savvy travellers like you get advice from travel writers and blogs, and they want you to know about their apps.
Why am I doing this? Because why wouldn’t I want to give my readers something useful for free?!
Each app contains several walking tours, with maps and turn-by-turn directions, and they’re designed to be used offline, so you don’t need to worry about buying a SIM card or finding wi-fi during your trip to make it useful.
How to win a free GPSmyCity walking app
I’m always in travel planning mode and trying to figure out where to go next. So, to qualify to win one of 20 free promo codes, please comment below with advice for me on where I should travel to next and why.
I’d award the prizes as follows:
- 10 promo codes to 10 people chosen randomly.
- 10 promo codes to the 10 people whose advice I find most useful.
- I am Canadian, so my dollar doesn’t go very far in the US or the Euro zone, so those areas aren’t high on my list.
- I like adding to my list of countries (48 and counting!), but you can still recommend a place where I’ve been,
- I like destinations that are as different as possible from my lovely home of Canada, my preferred mode of transportation when I get there is my feet, UNESCO world heritage sites are always intriguing, I love good food (street food especially), and I’m not wild about the cold.
- How to enter: In a comment below, simply:
- state a city/region and a country and why you recommend it;
- tell me which city you’d like your promo code for (it doesn’t have to be the city you recommend to me). The complete list of GPSmyCity city walk apps is at http://www.gpsmycity.com/user/static_sfg.html.
- The contest closes at 9:00 p.m. Pacific time December 15, 2015. I’ll pick the names then, send the list of cities chosen to GPSmyCity to get the promo codes with the hopes of emailing them to the 20 winners before Christmas.
- I need to know which city you want the promo code for, because each code is linked to a specific city app. If your comment doesn’t say which city you want, I won’t chase after you to get it and your entry won’t be valid.
- Contest is open worldwide and starts today, November 19, 2015.
- Only one promo code win per person.
- By commenting below, WordPress will ask you for your email address. Only I can see it, and I won’t share it with anyone. I will use it to send you your promo code.
The promo codes are only for Apple devices (iPhone and iPad). GPSmyCity is working on getting promo codes for Android, but don’t have a solution yet.
The codes expire 28 days after they are issued to me. I’ll pass them on to you as soon as I get them so you have a whole month to download them.
- I’m the final decision maker on the contest. I’ll be objective and fair, but if I make a mistake, or you don’t see my email and your promo code expires, or some other thing I can’t imagine happens that you don’t like, well … the only thing you can do is say to yourself “oh well, I’m the maker of my own happiness” and eat an extra piece of chocolate.
So, please enter the contest by commenting below, and share with your friends and travel partners!
No, you don’t get an extra entry for liking anyone else’s comment, sharing this contest, subscribing to my website or following me on social media … though you will create good karma for yourself :-)