Adrenaline (and a little relaxation too) is always my goal when I’m up in Whistler, and Whistler certainly delivers! The views alone were adrenaline-inducing, but wait ’til you hear about the activities.
While skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling are certainly the winter adrenaline-deliverers, Whistler offers a large number of summer activities to fire you up. Ziplining, RZRing (what?!), whitewater rafting … even bobsledding (yes, really!).
Want to know more?
- For Matador Network:
- 7 incredible winter experiences to have in Whistler.
- Whistler, BC by the numbers: all the stats on North America’s largest ski resort.
- Family ski guide: Whistler, BC.
- Here’s my Adrenaline Whistler! article for the wellness website Nanuism (all photos mine except for the rafting photo courtesy of Wedge Rafting).
- Discovering Canada’s wild side at Whistler, for Travel with Kat’s Cities on the Edge of Nature series.
- Planning a winter trip? I went on my first snowmobiling trip on assignment for Snowseekers: Assumptions challenged! A newbie’s first snowmobiling experience. Yup, plenty of adrenaline there!
- I had a more laid back trip last summer, so if you’re looking for calmer activities, read Summer in Whistler Ski Village.
- I was interviewed about Whistler for Haley Shapely’s “Where Travel Writers Go” article in the Bellevue Club’s Reflections magazine (flip to page 40 in the link for the November 2015 issue for a photo of me too).
- November is when Whistler celebrates Cornucopia, a festival of food and wine. Here’s my article for The Kiwi Collection: Wine and dine at Whistler’s Cornucopia.
- Here’s more about Whistler food and activities in my Whistler: Where to eat and where to burn your calories.
Places to stay:
- For The Wayward Post, here’s a feature on Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel and how it supports its staff and the broader community: Responsible hotel: Summit Lodge in Whistler.
- For Canadian World Traveller, about another hotel that gives back:
- Going above and beyond at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler (PDF of print version)
- Going above and beyond at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler (online version)
And here’s my Luxury And Boutique Hotels features on:
Thanks to Whistler Tourism, The Adventure Group, Pan Pacific Whistler and Summit Lodge for hosting my most recent stay. More Whistler articles to come….
Oh … and here’s me — causing an adrenaline rush in everyone near by — pretending to be a very short bear (can you imagine the adrenaline if you came face to face with one of these giants?)