Markets are one of my favourite places to visit when I travel. Of course I love the big (usually) outdoor markets with their fresh produce and cast of characters, but I also like visiting grocery stores and supermarkets to see what’s different — and what’s the same — as other places I’ve been.
Kathryn Burrington, from Travel With Kat, has included a few of my favourite markets in her compilation of food markets around the world:
- Vancouver’s Granville Island, my home market in Canada
- Puerto Ayora’s fish market in Galapagos, Ecuador
- Mercado Central de San Pedro, in the Andean highlands of Cuzco, Peru
- another Peruvian market, the Mercado Municipal de San Isidro, in Lima
- the street market in Luang Prabang, Laos.
Check out other fantastic articles on TravelWithKat.com too — Kat and I have many of the same tastes in travel and she’s inspired me to tackle some new things and places.