My articles on Peru are starting to be published. Lots more to come, but the first are the hotel features, including one with one of the prettiest pools I’ve ever seen.
Plus, for those of you like me who aren’t keen on tours, I wrote a how-to on seeing Machu Picchu independently (and at minimal cost).
The eating in Peru is amazing. Have you ever had a ground cherry encased in sugar glass? I’d never even heard of such a thing until I stayed at Sumaq Machu Picchu. Delicious!
Here’s what’s published so far:
- How to see Peru without getting altitude sickness
- How to see Machu Picchu without booking a tour
- Dining challenges in Cusco: advice for how and where to eat at altitude
- Luxury hotels near Machu Picchu: Sumaq Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientés) and Tambo del Inka (Urubamba in the Sacred Valley)
- Boutique hotels in Cuzco: El Mercado Tunqui, Andean Wings, Encantada Casa Boutique Spa
- Additional hotel reviews: Taypikala Lago Hotel at Lake Titicaca, and Casa Inca Boutique Hotel in Lima
My stays were hosted by each hotel, but all opinions are my own and no one reviewed or approved my text before publishing
And a sample of things to come:
- Must eat and drink in Lima
- Making pisco sours and ceviché
Have you been to Peru or are you planning to go? Anything you’d like to know or share?