August 2015 update: I’m off to China again in a few days, this time to Beijing and Sichuan and Shanxi provinces. Stories to come!
On behalf of Dreamscapes Magazine and the China national tourism authority, I got to experience the strange mountains, pretty historic towns and incredible food of Hunan, China … and became a bit of a celebrity myself!
Two versions of the article:
- online PDF of the print version (flip back to the table of contents page to see my pic of fellow travel writer and photographer Casey Nolin, who took the photo of me in the article; thanks again Casey!).
- web version, with fewer photos.
More on China:
- My photograph of a woman dressed in a Miao costume in Phoenix, Hunan, was included in the the Travel Gallery of the fall 2015 issue of Dreamscapes Travel & Lifestyle Magazine.
- Which would you choose: happiness or longevity? A cave in Hunan province forces you to choose (for Nanuism).
- Phoenix Rising: Hunan Province, China (for New Jetsetters).
- Searching for Chili in China (some of the incredible food I discovered, plus my breakfast pic that the Food Network included in their 17 Tasty Breakfasts From Around the World).
Note: My trips were hosted by the Chinese national tourism authority, but all opinions are my own and no one from the agency reviewed or approved my articles.
Have you been to China? What did you see and do you have any advice to share?